We're Here!!!!
The good news is that we all arrived safe. The plane ride from Philly was relatively uneventful and the drive from New Orleans to the Mississippi coast was fine. A few of the vehicles had a struggle finding an non-fast food chain restaurant in which to eat lunch. My group fell into that category. We got off at four different exits before we found a restaurant that we didn't already have in Pennsylania. (I had an outstanding catfish sandwich!! YUM!!!)
We're staying at Lagniappe again - the same place that we've stayed at for 5 of our 6 trips to this area. A few of us just met with the Habitat volunteer coordinator. We learned about our project for the week. We're doing a new build about 4 miles from our homebase. New builds are awesome. The transformation from Monday morning to Friday afternoon is incredible - especially the first few days when the walls go up and the house really takes shape. We'll post stories as the week progresses.
Interesting tidbits from our group -
> Benson nicely prepared trip music CDs for each of the vehicles!! YEAH Alan!!
> We are sharing cabins with non-SEI volunteers, but I'm happy to say that SEI volunteers all got lower bunks. We've all learned the advantage of having a lower bunk in prior years. :)
> Most of our group ventured out to find a sports bar earlier to watch the Eagles and is still out watching the Phillies.
> Someone from our group (who shall remain nameless..... oh what fun would it be if they remained nameless - ROB BERGSTED) has 8 pairs of shoes with him!! 8 PAIRS!!!!!!
I'm signing off now. Hopefully more creative and funny blog authors will log in later in the week. Thx for checking in - check back daily for more updates.
Robb
2 Comments:
I'm so glad everyone made it there safely. I'm reading the blogs and feeling a little nostalgic. Wish I could be there with you! Have a great week!
Karen
Yay!! Have a great week! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home