Gulf Region Volunteer Trip

A sixth Rejuvenate trip to the Gulf Region will take place from Monday, October 19th through Friday, October 23rd. In partnership with the Habitat for Humanity Bay-Waveland Area, 26 SEI employees and seven other prior volunteers will work on a new build in Waveland, MS to provide much needed help for a community still reeling from the effects of Hurricane Katrina. This blog will be written by SEI employees during their week of volunteerism. Thank you for reading the blog and for your support!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Time Challenges

A quick funny thought - The clock shifting which occurred in the US this past weekend was good timing for us - I think. We had an extra hour to sleep (especially those with morning flights). When we landed in New Orleans we 'lost' another hour. So for our Oaks-based volunteers our bodies are telling us that it's 7 pm for example and it's only 5 pm. You really feel old (ok - I'm speaking for myself) when you are incredibly tired at 8:30 pm and go to bed at 9 pm. I had had enough sleep by 4 am and arose with a few other morning folks. (I'm waiting for breakfast to be available now....) In spite of our adjustments nothing compares to our UK / Dublin friends who had a huge adjustment to make. Anyway - just a few quick thoughts on the time challenges.

More news on our first day soon. I've already gotten a preview of what to expect on our Habitat projects. Our group will have opportunities to build a home or work on another project finishing some homes built last week. It will be interesting to see who selects which project.

Keep checking out the blog!!!

- Robb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home