Regardless of your politics, former President Carter is a great humanitarian. And I believe has done more since leaving office than any other president in my lifetime (and yes I was round when he was in office unlike many in our group). It was quite moving today when he walked up to our house with the former first lady smiling. It was storming all morning with lightening and thunder and we thought the visit would be called off. But the rain finally let up, and the Carters walked from House #1 to House #10 to visit each of our teams and their home partners.
Our house is nealy complete. Unbelievable what we have accomplished in a few days. And though they have been long and the work exhausting, I have loved every minute of it. We have worked with wonderful Habitat Staff and other volunteers.

1 Comments:
Well done, you guys are doing such an awesome job. You should be extremly proud of your efforts.
Post a Comment
<< Home