Wednesday...Day 3...What a Great Day!!!
OK, after yesterday's multiple tasks and projects, Day 3 wasn't going to be an easy day either. We started the morning with a huge laundry list of tasks that we needed to accomplish in order to be ready for the end of the week.
The shed is finally complete, with 2 coats of a beautiful yellow, a door and a lock. It looks amazing with the help of Bill, Sharon, Sandy, Robb, Lydia, Meg, Erika, and myself (if I forgot anyone, I'm sorry).
Now it was time to move on to the siding... a lot of it needed/needs to be installed in order to have it completed, however that didn't stop us from starting to paint it. With all the nails holes and seams completely caulked, thanks to Robin and Ann Marie, Sharon and I were able to start the painting. It was a bit of a challenge since the roofers were starting to put the new metal roof on and were using the scaffolding that were using as well...talk about a balancing act along with not getting hit with flying objects.
The front porch is coming together nicely with a crew that Ben the site supervisor put together on it and the roof should be finished by the time we get on site.
There were several sub-contractors on site today installing the electrical wiring and insulation for the house. One of the home owners, Miss Allison, stopped by and said "Wow... I see electrical wires...that's great"
Tomorrow looks like its going to be another great and productive day. We have a lot of painting to do. All the siding once it is installed needs to have 2 coats brushed on... yes I said brushed on... there is no rollers... no powered paint sprayers here my friends... So yes 2 coats on each piece...by hand. That is going to be fun.
Also I want to take a moment and reflect on how great a feeling it is to go hang out with 20 of your SEI friends/family and watch the Phillies win the National League Championship! That was an overwhelming feeling of joy...and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home